Tuesday, September 11, 2012

#BookReview : Onyx (Lux Series #2) by @JLArmentrout


YA Paranormal

From Goodreads:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies ...



Sweet. Alien. Babies.
How am I supposed to review this book?? I finished it over 5 hours ago and still can’t get my head screwed on straight. My emotions are still all a-jumble. What star rating to give it, I’ve been wondering? Can’t freakin’ figure it out!
Why ever not? You might holler – especially if you’ve already read it.

Because while I LOVED it, I hated it.

Hated that I’m still affected 5 HOURS LATER! Hate how it ended. Hate what happened to poor momma and she doesn’t. Even. Know it. Yet.
UGH.
Oh, but the love. *insert cheesy dream-like background music here*
Characters – phenomenal. Tension – palatable. Plot – KICK@$$. What else can I say without giving anything away?!?!?!?!?
Ms. Armentrout sure knows how to write a story, let me tell you. She brought characters to life in Obsidian, ones that dwell in your mind FOREVER. To finally have their story continue ….
I’m sorry, but I just don’t have the words. Just call me simple, folks.
Wait. I do have one word. Daemon. Wait. I have another word. YUM.
Yup. Simple.
Smokin’ monitors, ladies. Smokin’. Read it. And read it again.
Need. Opal. Now.
That is all.




So my review??? 5 Stars. Of course.



 Purchase Links (Cuz you WANT to buy this series. Trust me.)


Shadows (Lux #0.5)

 


 

Obsidian (Lux #1)




Onyx (Lux #2)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Martin! I too am always looking for new writers & blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete