Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Review: The Third Scroll

A fantasy novel
4.5 Stars

Sold into slavery, Tera, a budding healer is thrust into the savage realm of barbarian warlords, the same realm which claimed her mother years ago. She must avoid the displeasure of her warrior lord and survive the cruelties of the concubines, even as war threatens on the horizon.

Yet a greater danger looms when she catches the eye of the most powerful lord of the land and he takes her for his Pleasure Hall. Tera struggles to escape, while searching for the secret behind her mother's death. But what she discovers challenges everything she believes in. A path set long ago beckons. A path that could lead to triumph, or the destruction of her world.




My Review:

This is by far one of the best epic fantasy novels I've read in some time. I was immersed in Tera's world from the first chapter and compelled to click my kindle's page turner late into the night.

Yummies:  Cliche-less awesome story telling wraps around real life characters who lack in perfection. Rarely am I surprised by character revelations and spilled secrets, but this story had quite a few I didn't see coming. I was thrilled, to say the least!

Yuckies:  Not really a yucky - more a personal preference which some fantasy lovers would disagree with ... I'm a sucker for romance and the fulfillment of love being shown. Just when I thought, "Woo Hoo! THE scene,' blinds closed, curtains were drawn. Pooh.   :)

Recommend: You better believe it. Add it to your GR list HERE, or find it on Amazon HERE. You'll be thanking me that you did!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always on the look out for good fantasy so thanks so much for the review.

    ReplyDelete