Friday, April 6, 2012

Book Review: Obsidian (Lux Series #1)

                by Jennifer L. Armentrout   

Forget the blurb. I'm just going to dive right in & say you MUST read this book. Paranormal / YA fan or not you'll be happy you did.

Katy, the MC, is my kind of girl. I found her saying and doing things exactly as I would. I couldn't help but fall in love with her. ;)  Her thoughts and emotions were so real throughout the book. Not once did I feel a situation or conversation was contrived or forced. A+ on the characterization.

And the chemistry. *fan face* Yeah. Daemon, the alien? Uh huh. Didn't know a ball of light could be so hot. Smokin'. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the bonus chapters at the end of my kindle edition in his PoV. They explained SO much about his arrogant, jerkish attitude toward Katy throughout most of the book.

Pacing? Excellent. Tension? ALL kinds, perfectly portrayed.

Really, what more can I say??? I loved this book. Can't wait for the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment